Members of your circle can connect through live audio & video events using Zoom, one of the leaders in live meetings.
How Is It Different?
Qiqo makes it easy to create breakout rooms during your live events. Each breakout room has video chat and a notes document that everyone can edit. All live events show up on the calendar for your circle.
Quick Start Guide
Once you have created a circle, click on the “Calendar” button on the left side of your circle. At the top right of the calendar page, you will see a green “Add an Event” button. When you add an event, it will show up in the calendar for your circle.
When you click “Edit” for your event, you will see some of the following options:
- Applying an “event design template” to include background photos to your breakout spaces
- Setting a password for members to participate
- Restricting access to participants with specific email addresses
- Highlighting the profile icons of two subgroups of participants as they move throughout the event
- Setting the number of breakout tables
- Renaming the tables
- Adding topics to each table
- Adding titles for each breakout table
- Showing/hiding the notes pages
- Adding a link to an external website if the event is not happening on Qiqo
- Removing the event from the circle’s calendar
- Adding a Google Doc (or any of these other 3rd party collaborative tools) to each breakout space
- Letting any participant serve as the host of the Zoom chat
- Enabling the Zoom chat window
- Charging a fee for members to participate
- Setting a max number of participants
- Naming the host of an event
When hosting your event, you can click “Admin Controls” to see the options in the screenshot below.
- You can join the Zoom video session as the host, which gives you additional capability such as recording the event and muting participants.
- You’ll also see a button to post topics for individual breakout spaces, send a notification to all spaces, and view all notes one one page.
Tips & Tricks
Everyone shows up in the main room. If participants have already broken out into breakout groups, remain in the main room to welcome newcomers and get them pointed in the right direction.
You can event anything from a 1-hour session to an entire multi-day online conference by using the “Open Space” format. Here is an in-depth blog post about how to use the “Open Space” event format on QiqoChat.
Here is the Qiqo User Guide.